|CALL FOR PRESENTATIONS|
NYS SHRM presents
The Annual NYS SHRM Conference
HR – MAKING A DIFFERENCE
Saratoga Springs, NY
July 18, 19 and 20, 2012
You are invited to submit a proposal to share your experience and expertise with human resource management professionals at the NYS Conference in Saratgoa Springs, NY on July 18, 19 and 20, 2012. Others will benefit from your experience while you make a valuable contribution to the profession's field of knowledge.
Call for Presentations must be submitted no later than January 30, 2012. No more than two entries per speaker will be considered.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR SUBMITTING A PROPOSAL
• Complete the survey questions.
• Send proof of performance. The ONLY accepted forms of proof of performance are video links, or dvds or evaluations from a program the speaker previously presented. If you have presented at a local chapter of SHRM and can provide a letter of reference from the chapter that may be considered as proof of performance. Letters of recommendation, marketing brochures, books and articles DO NOT qualify as proof of performance. If you presented at the 2010 or 2011 NYS SHRM Conference you do not need to submit evaluations.
• Submit the proof by email no later than January 30, 2012 to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you wish to mail proof of performance and require confirmation we have received it, it is recommended that proposals be sent via Federal Express, UPS or Certified Mail to:
Deb Shigley, SPHR
Director of HR
222 Day Hall
Ithaca, NY 14853-2801
Please do not call to confirm receipt.
• Notification on the status of submission will be e-mailed directly to the proposing speaker no later than March 15, 2012.
Members of the Selection Committee will review all complete proposals. Final selections will be made by the conference program organizers from those proposals accepted. We have a strong preference for single speaker presentations. Co-presentations or panels are discouraged.
A NOTE CONCERNING HONORARIA
The NYS SHRM State Conference has a tradition of using educational conference sessions as a platform for innovation in the field of human resource management. We look for contributors who are willing to share their expertise WITHOUT expectation of payment in the spirit of networking.
EACH CONCURRENT SESSION WILL LAST ONE HOUR. EACH PRE-CONFERENCE SESSION WILL LAST TWO HOURS.
The Selection Process. We strive to offer a balanced program of educational sessions by selecting proposals that best fit within the framework of the conference.
Sessions conducted by practitioners that include practical, immediately applicable work tools will be given preference. The conference committee seeks presentations that will provide our attendees with information that will improve their effectiveness on the job.
PROVEN SPEAKING ABILITY
The NYS SHRM Conference Committee seeks experienced presenters with proven speaking ability. Those with a track record of speaking and performing well at large conferences will be given preference.
PROOF OF PERFORMANCE
Videos or previous evaluations are the ONLY accepted forms of proof of performance. Please note that we do NOT return any proof of performance.
• Videos - Videolinks of the speaker presenting a session. Promotional DVDs about the speaker’s organization or highlighting products & services are not acceptable proof of performance.
• Evaluations – Evaluations that show your quality ratings and scores from previous speaking engagements. Please include the number of attendees present and define the rating scale. If you have spoken at a local SHRM chapter meeting you may submit a letter of reference from the Chapter President.
We expect presenters to:
• meet all deadlines;
• retain the session content, audio/visual needs as originally submitted;
• not add a co-presenter or change the identity or number of presenters without permission;
• provide high-quality handouts by the date and in the format requested;
• honor our commitment to provide education by not showcasing or promoting the speaker’s practice, services or products, and
• respect the NYS SHRM as the sponsoring organization with either positive or neutral comments from the platform.
In return, we will:
• Provide admission to the conference, exposition, selected educational programs and social events for the day you are presenting.
• Pay expenses (i.e., coach-fare air transportation or mileage, meals and pre-approved lodging on presentation day(s) as agreed upon in writing before the presentation). Please note that we do not pay expenses for a co-presenter.
• Grant you valuable professional exposure.
• Provide you with your evaluation scores after the conference.